This week I’ll be reviewing something really different. I went out of my comfort zone to try this with a couple of my coworkers last week. I saw a lot of good reviews about the 3 day cleanse but a part of me was too scared to try it. I have never done a cleanse before so I did not know what to expect.
Juicing is suppose to be a detox diet. I decided to try it for myself because there was a Tmobile Tuesday offer for $20 off.
Jus by Julie offers a variety of cleansing packages that include cleanses with booster shots and soups for 1, 3 or 5 days. I decided to give the 1 day cleanse a try. For the whole day, we’re only allowed to consume the juices every 2-3 hours along with water. The total amount of calories for the day is about 920 calories. If we get hungry, we can consume up to 3 egg whites during dinner.
I really like how they numbered each of the bottles. It’s like juicing for dummies, which I find to be extremely helpful for beginners. The juices in this cleanse are each made with 100% fiber-rich whole vegetables and fruits.
I got a total of 6 juices for $30USD. That’s not bad considering the price of how much Naked or Odwalla costs. The six juices came in a cute insulated bag with reusable ice packs. My coworkers got a bag that was perfectly fine; however, I think I ended up with a defective bag cause it was ripped in the corners. I was really bummed out but I wanted to try the cleanse, nonetheless.
I started my morning with Juice 1 for breakfast and ended with Juice 6 in the evening.
Juice 1 Sweet Spin (16 fl. oz – 140 calories)
Ingredients: Kale, Spinach, Pineapple, Banana, Mango, Rice Milk
- This is the breakfast juice.
- It was a tasty juice for the start of the day.
- The banana made the juice texture feel more like a smoothie.
- There was a perfect balance between the amount of vegetables to the amount of fruits.
Juice 2 Spicy Lemonade (16 fl. oz – 80 calories)
Ingredients: Lemon, Maple Syrup, Cayenne Pepper, H2O
- My coworkers thought this was the hardest to drink.
- It tasted like lemonade but with the extra kick in the throat because of the cayenne pepper.
- This juice increases your intake of Vitamin C and boosts your metabolism.
- I started feeling hungry after I finished the juice.
Juice 3 Raw Green Protein (16 fl. oz – 260 calories)
Ingredients: Spinach, Romaine Lettuce, Apples, Chia Seeds, Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Dates, Pea Protein
- This juice was my lunch.
- The chia seeds added a little texture.
- I honestly have to say this was my least favorite.
- It felt like green juice overkill.
- Too leafy for my liking.
- It left a lingering taste in my mouth.
Juice 4 Chia Berry (16 fl. oz – 160 calories)
Ingredients: Chia Seeds, Pomegranate, Strawberry, Lemon, H2O, Agave
- I’m so glad this juice came after my least favorite.
- I have to say I like this juice the best.
- Really yummy because of the strawberry.
- It helped wash out the lingering taste from the previous drink.
- The juice is like a treat or a little pick me up to encourage my body to continue with the cleanse.
Juice 5 Matcha Chia (16 fl. oz – 140 calories)
Ingredients: Matcha, Spinach, Chia Seeds, Apple, Mango, Cinnamon, Pineapple, Lemon, Coconut Milk
- This was the juice I had for dinner.
- My mouth felt like it needed something to chew on.
- I debated if I should boil myself some eggs but fought the urge by telling myself that the cleanse is only for 1 day, which isn’t as bad as a 3 day cleanse.
- I can see light at the end of the tunnel!
- This juice was very filling because of the thick consistency.
- By the time I finished this juice, my body started to feel slow.
Juice 6 Xtreme Greens (16 fl. oz – 140 calories)
Ingredients: Spinach, Kale, Orange, Pineapple, Hemp Seeds, Lime, H2O
- This was my last juice for the day.
- I just wanted to finish it to get it over with.
- This juice had a very acquiring taste because of the hemp seeds.
- It was easy to drink but definitely not the greatest beverage.
- I felt like I was done drinking green juices for the day.
After my cleanse, I ended up sleeping at 9pm that day. It’s a little earlier than usual. I did not want to stay awake thinking about what I could eat. Haha!
Overall, most of the juices in the cleanse were tasty and easy to drink. The fiber helped my body feel slightly full throughout the day. I did not feel miserable from drinking beverages the whole day; however, I felt like I was drinking sugar by the time I had Juice 5. I also had random bursts of energy throughout the day. Just remember to drink lots of water while you cleanse. I felt a little dehydrated the next morning but also a little bloated from all the juices.
I thought I would feel hungry the next day. To my surprise, I didn’t feel hungry at all. I think the cleanse helped kick start my body to eat healthier or at least minimize my urge to eat. The second day, my body did not feel like it needed to eat too much food for lunch or dinner. No cravings. Just felt like a simple meal was the way to go. Makes me wonder how my body would feel from a 3 day cleanse. Maybe that’s something for me to consider trying in the future. I felt like my body just needed some time to adjust to a new type of diet.
I know this review isn’t typically what I would post about but it was something I wondered about and decided to try. We learn from being curious about things. That’s how we slowly figure out what we like and don’t like. 😊
Until next time!