I got some really good items in my Sephora Play Box for the month of January. Because it was the new year, the theme of the drawstring bag was “Happy YOU Year!”
To my surprise, my play box did not come with a perfume this month. I’m glad it came with 6 beauty products instead. 😊 My play box included the following items:
- Olehenriksen Hygge HydraClay Detox Mask
- GLAMGLOW SuperCleanse Clearing Cream-to-Foam Cleanser
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask
- Lancôme CILS BOOSTER XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base
- Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer
I will review the primer and the mascara base.
Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer
This is the first time I’ve ever seen a primer that’s also a moisturizer.
- Light scent
- Provides instant moisture
- Good base for makeup
- Formulated without parabens and phthalates
- Contains hyaluronic acid which helps lock in moisture
- Contains niacinamide which prevents anti-aging
- Good for all skin types
There’s already so many steps to in order to prep your skin for makeup. I really like how this is a 2 in 1 product. I have oily/combination skin; however, this product makes my skin feel comfortable throughout the day. It’s extremely lightweight! 💗
Lancôme CILS BOOSTER XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base
I was actually really happy to see this product in my play box. Why? Because I have the full-size. 😆 I purchased this product some time last year. This is seriously heaven in a bottle.
Many people struggle with short eyelashes. Some times false eyelashes can be a pain to put on. This mascara base works wonders!
- Contains micro-fibers that help lengthen your lashes
- Contains Vitamin E that conditions your lashes
You can see results with just one application. I prefer to apply another layer after the first coat is dry. After the base is dry, apply your favorite black mascara. The one I use is the Covergirl Total Tease.
Keep in mind, the mascara base is white and does not dry clear. The white color makes the black in the mascara more apparent. It’s not a product that should be worn alone by itself during the day. You can wear it as a lash mask at night though. It can nourish and rejuvenate your lashes.
I really liked the new primizer that I tried. I will definitely look into investing in the full-size once I’m done with my Hourglass Veil Mineral primer.
Thanks for stopping by. Until next time!